Grumble alert! I am about to have a SERIOUS gripe about drivers who drive me round the bend (pun intended!), inciting a severe case of Tourette Syndrome, where the air turns multiple shades of blue, a few scores over. The other day, I narrowly missed running into another car. What happened? The other driver decided to drive down a one-way driveway -- against the flow of traffic. When our cars nearly collided, there was no apology or any kind of expression of regret on his part. He simply drove off as if nothing happened. Knucklehead! The most annoying thing? It was not the first time, and I know it won’t be the last. Grrr!
- drivers who never learnt to use their indicators or hazard lights, forcing everyone else (both motorists and pedestrians) to play a hazardous guessing game of predicting when he/she intends to go straight ahead, change lanes or just stop suddenly.
- the ‘racers’ who quickly accelerate to stop anyone else from joining the lane in front of them – quite often so they can be the first to reach the red lights!
- the ones who cannot be bothered with one way traffic signs and insist on flouting the directive
- the ‘straddlers’ who feel the need to take up one-and-a-half lanes when driving or one-and-a-half car spaces when parking
- drivers who think they are the only ones of the road and therefore can stop at any juncture in the road, irregardless of the resulting mayhem caused (often without hazard lights)
- people who don’t say “thank you” when you 'make way' for them